OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions an email address used by multiple users

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  brunpatoch 8 years, 6 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

brunpatoch
    Participant

Hello,
    I use the script “php app / console oro: cron: imap-sync –env = prod” to import my messages, everything is ok.
    My problem is that many users use the same email (contact@mondomaine.com). So I added a secondary e-mail to each user mail contact@mondomaine.com. The trouble is that when I log in with different user, “my account> Mail”, there is only one user who sees the mail import. In the contact cards mails belong to one and only one user.
    Is this normal? If so, is there a way to have an object of type email for multiple users?
    Thank you

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Patrice,

Not sure that I have understood your problem correctly. Does your system require multiple user accounts to share the same primary email, or you want to create a “system-wide” mailbox that can be accessed by multiple users simultaneously?

The former case is not supported yet, as email address should be unique per user and we do not allow users to sync multiple mailboxes yet (though it is planned for the future).

The latter case will be implemented in our upcoming 1.8 release, where we will change mechanism of email ownership and will allow multi-user access to the same mailbox with an option to create such mailboxes from the UI.

brunpatoch
    Participant

Hi Artem,
    Thank you for your answer,
    I am having users that share the same secondary address in order to synchronize the same inbox.
    For example several users with a different main address and a common secondary email.
    EX: ( user1@mondomaine.com + commercial@mondaime.com ) and ( user2@mondomaine.com + commercial@mondaime.com ).
    The mailbox commercial@mondaime.com can be synchronized for 2 users.

Does version 1.8 will provide this functionality?
    Thank you

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Patrice,

Yes, if you make commercial@mondaime.com a system mailbox and allow access to it for two users (or an entire role), they both will be able to see its emails and reply to them.

Here is a quick guide on how to do it (the well-written user guide is coming soon, too).

Setting up a mailbox 1

Setting up a mailbox 2

Setting up a mailbox 3

brunpatoch
    Participant

hello,
    @artem thank you for the guide, so I made the update to version 1.7 to 1.8, and then I have created a mailbox shared by several users and then launched my IMAP synchronization. Everything is going well and all users can access email by “my email” link. But in the tab of my activities account emails are not present, is this normal?
    Thank you.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

All incoming/outgoing emails are automatically associated (by email address) with Contacts only. To append them to accounts you should add appropriate contexts manually (guide).

If you are into development you may create a process that will add these contexts automatically according to some rules. Process management is not available from the UI yet.

This is a nice feature suggestion though, I think we could add this account “recognition” by default in our future version. Thank you for the idea! I will add it to our roadmap.

brunpatoch
    Participant

Hello @artem
    in an email I try to add a context from the GUI by clicking the “add context” button, the widget opens but I have a javascript error “Failed to load resource: Net :: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE”.
    Is there a bug?

Have you sample code for adding a context?

Thank you.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Patrice,

It definitely looks like a bug but we have never encountered such problems with 1.8 branch. Can you please provide more details on your environment and steps that have lead to this error?

Thank you.

brunpatoch
    Participant

Hello ,
    I emptied my browser cache, the problem is solved.
    Thank you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.