OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Programming Questions Allow Admin to change user passwords

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 9 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Alex Taylor
    Participant

Hi again,

I was given a task to allow admin users to change the passwords of their subordinates.

So given obviously Admin probably dont know user passwords, I have taken over the following classes:

Oro\Bundle\UserBundle\Form\Type\ChangePasswordType
    Oro\Bundle\UserBundle\Form\Type\UserType
    Oro\Bundle\UserBundle\Form\EventListener\UserSubscriber

In effort to change the function isCurrentUser in the UserSubscriber class to return true for users with the admin role. Further within ChangePasswordType I have checked for the admin role so that the builder resembles:

The above all currently works. What I am having trouble doing is taking over the ChangePasswordSubscriber class in order to not remove the PlainPassword field if the original password does not exist.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Alex,

We have implemented this feature in our most recent 1.6 release. Now admins may change or reset users’ passwords from the UI.

Thank you.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Apologies, this feature will be released in the upcoming 1.7 version, not the 1.6.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.