OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Ajax error when updating platform or installing package

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Roman Grebenchuk 8 years, 6 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

viktor
    Participant

Hi, I wanted to update platform and crm but keep getting “ajax error” message. This also happens when trying to install package. Is this a permission issue or something else? Thanks.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hey! Could you please share logs with us from app/logs and webserver logs. Usually this kind of errors are related to webserver timeout or max_execution time.

viktor
    Participant

Hey, it does seem to be an issue with memory:

But, this is our VPS and we have memory set to 512M and max execution time to 6000. That should be more than enough for this, no?

There were no errors in prod.log in app/logs, only in our server error log.

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello!

Yep, it’s strange, as far as I remember recommended limit is 512 MB. Do you run installation in prod mode or dev ? (using app.php or app_dev.php)
    As a quick solution I can recommend to install from CLI running php app/console oro:install --env=prod

viktor
    Participant

I will try with CLI.
    I didn’t see in installation docs anything about app.php or app_dev.php, we have both files. How can I check which one is running? And how do you switch between the 2?

Jan Willem
    Participant

Hello!

I have the same error. So I updated Orocrm application using CLI. Everything works well, except in my GU. When I go to System > Package manager I can see that Oro/application and Oro/CRM are installed. But they asked me again to update to version 1.4.1. The current version for both packages is dev-master?

How can I change that to current version, so the system don’t ask me again to update untill a new version will be available?

Best regards,
    Jan Willem

ashwani
    Participant

$php -d memory_limit=2G app/console oro:install

viktor
    Participant

I had time now to play more with this. We are getting error in CLI trying to install packages. We meet all server requirements, and also tried increasing memory to 2gb.

We tried wiping out ORO and re-installing, but still running into these errors with the latest stable version. Would really appreciate some insight on this.

Thank you for reporting issue. Extension installation with demo data will generate error. We will fix it as soon as possible

viktor
    Participant

Roman, is it possible to install it without demo data so we can proceed? Demo data isn’t important to us. Thanks.

viktor
    Participant

Was this issue fixed in 1.7.1?

Yes, issue was fixed in 1.7.1

viktor
    Participant

Thanks Roman. Where is 1.7.1? Download page still has 1.7.0 listed.

Download the Oro Applications

zebrahosting
    Participant

Issue not fixed. In 1.7.6 I still get the ajax errors in the GUI when trying to update or install packages.

We also run Ubu 14 and have 512M memory set with longer time-out. PHP is 5.5
    No demo data installed, just clean and plain install, installed by CLI (which also needs –timeout=3600 –process-isolation to be able to finish)
    This machine runs SSD disks in raid. Magento is flying on the same VPS.
    OROCRM seems slow but I noticed this also on some of the demo’s.

Don’t see errors in the logs.

Reinstalled a fresh version but I keep getting the same issues.

rslemer
    Participant

which is the command syntax to update or install a package by the cli?

thanks

Install a package by the cli is described in following topic
    http://oroinc.com/orocrm/doc/current/cookbook/how-to-install-extension-from-command-line#using-composer
    Pay attention composer requires more than 1Gb memory.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.