OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions telephone exchange of Account-Company

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cerelli.mm 7 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

cerelli.mm
    Participant

Hello, I just started to use oroCRM and do not understand how to do something.
    I have company A with the contact 1 and contact 2.
    I insert company A like an account, and contact 1 e 2 like contacts.
    But, phone 5555555 is the company A’s telephone exchange. Where should I add?

Thanks.
    Marco

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Marco,

You have two options. First, you can create a separate contact for the company—name it Headquarters or something. You can utilize it to store company phone number, corporate email, office address, etc.

Second is to set up a sales channel and create a Business customer record where you can add this information to.

I would recommend the first option because we will be deprecating Business customers in 2.0 version that is due to be released soon. Business customers are fine if you plan to stick with 1.10, but in the long run you will still end up with contacts.

cerelli.mm
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    I Have just started with OroCRM and I want to take the first option.
    How should I do? What do you mean to create a separate contact for the company?
    Did you meant that I must duplicate the contact bundle?
    If I use the contact like this, I must insert Name and Surname.

Can you tell me the right way to do this or some tutorial to follow?

Thanks.
    Marco

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

I meant creating a separate Contact record within an Account to store data on company office/HQ location.

The simplest way will be put the company name into First name field. You don’t have to fill in everything; a single name will suffice.

cerelli.mm
    Participant

I was thinking if it was possible to add addresses to “Account”. (one-to-many, one account with many addresses)
    Where should I start? Thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.