OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions Adding Image Avatar Upload On Contact

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  keganv 9 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

keganv
    Participant

Hi guys, so all I want to do is add an image upload to the orocrm contact bundle, however, this is proving to be much more than a standard symfony bundle extension it seems. I would like to add the property on my contact entity, which extends the oro contact entity. However, I don’t want there to be two contact tables, and I can’t utilize the single inheritance type because I don’t want to adjust oro’s entity file, which is the topmost class.

That being said, for now I did create the 2nd contact table, but the form type is not inheriting like I think it should. I cannot get my new property to output. I’m not 100% certain how all the event listeners and form handlers might be affecting things as well.

In short what is the easiest “oro” way of achieving this? Is this on the road map to allow file type on the extended fields to later versions of oro? Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

We scheduled implementation of “file” field type for extended fields. Also we’ll publish en example for more advance customization soon.

keganv
    Participant

Great, thanks Dima!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.