OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Programming Questions Adding dataBlocks via placeholders.yml

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Curtis 10 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Bill Curtis
    Participant

Hi guys,

Just installed v1.0.0 and really impressed with the additional modularity for extensions in the UI, specifically with placeholders in twig.

I have a suggestion to make things more modular. On the OroCRM contact page, I can add placeholders to the ‘Additional Information’ section by my bundle’s placeholders.yml – this is great.

Taking this a step further, I’d like to add my own section to this page, are there plans for being able to do this via placeholders too?

Desired result is something like this https://twitter.com/sweettooth/status/451076461596639232/photo/1 (we’ve had to bundle inheritance for this which has potential to conflict with other extensions, ew)

I think giving devs the ability to add dataBlocks like in Oro/Bundle/UIBundle/Resources/views/actions/view.html.twig line 121 through a placeholder-like config would be awesome.

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

You are right, current flexibility of entity views and forms is limited to template override approach and will be a problem in case of multiple extends. We are planning to refactor this in nearest future and allow user to control page layout and elements (fields) as well as allow developer to inject additional sections and blocks without overriding a template.

Bill Curtis
    Participant

Thanks – looking forward to the update

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.