OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Add fields to a new 'Account' like entitiy

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Kudelya 6 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

19prince
    Participant

Hello… Here’s our use-case.

We have a business that sells widgets. For those we sell to, we plan to use the Account entity.

We source our widgets from several Vendors. We’d like to use OroCRM to keep track of these Vendor relationships.

Therefore, it seems like a good idea to create a new entity called: Vendor_Account. This new entity has all the same fields as the system included Account entity – with a few additions.

Here are my questions:

1. Does it make sense to create this new Vendor_Account entity?

2. If yes, how do I add all the fields associated with the Account entity to it? Can it be done thru the GUI? Or, programmatically?

3. Can one re-use fields created for a different entity?

Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

mfejczaruk
    Participant

Hello,

1. It’d be better to create separated extended entity and then create relation one-to-one to Account.
    2. It can be done in both ways – please see https://github.com/orocrm/platform/tree/master/src/Oro/Bundle/EntityExtendBundle
    3. Such fields can be imported and exported.

19prince
    Participant

@mfejczaruk. Thanks for the help.

RE: #3. Can this be done in the in the GUI? I can’t seem to find where one would export the fields.

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi

Please look at System -> Entities -> Entity Management. There is a place where you can create new entities and fields (string/integer/relation).

mfejczaruk
    Participant

@19prince:
    Yes, you’re right – there is no way to export fields at this moment. But still you can prepare fields in CSV and then import it to many entities.
    Best regards

19prince
    Participant

Thanks for the responses…

RE: Uploading Fields. Are there templates available? Or, documentation?

RE: Add via GUI. I started to work on this by literally copying over the info from the Account entity.
    Then, I got to “ac_last_contact_date_out” and the system told me the character limit was hit? That threw me off.

Also, I don’t see how you can set a one-to-one relation via the GUI. Is that possible?

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

RE: Uploading Fields. Are there templates available? Or, documentation?

I’m not sure that i understand what you want to archive. Can you explain, please?

Also, I don’t see how you can set a one-to-one relation via the GUI. Is that possible?

Please read my answer above about Entity Management.

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Are there templates available?

The field template file you could find there:

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.