OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Add a custom field that can store 10 digit numbers (bigint is not working)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Spurgeon 9 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Spurgeon
    Participant

Hi,

We need to create a custom field for the user to store their mobile no (which is a 10 digit integer).

I tried creating a custom field of bigint type on previous version of oro and the latest build updated last week.

While there is no error / problem in creating the field or schema update, the front end takes only a int and not a bigint.

Is there any alternative (than storing as a string)?

Thanks!
    warm regards
    Spurgeon

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello!

Not sure that I got you well, I just tried to add bigint field to user entity on our demo instance and then fill my cell (which is a 12 digit int) and all went well. Could you please add more detailed steps to reproduce this issue ?

Spurgeon
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Greetings!

Thanks for your kind and quick response.

You got me right Alex.

I tried to add a custom field to User entity called mobileno of bigint type. But demo.orocrm.com schema update failed. So couldnt check on that.

However, I have tested this on a virutalbox which i just updated to the latest git master of crm-application.

To reproduce this issue,
    1. Create a custom field of bigint type to user entity.
    2. update schema.
    3. clear cache etc.
    4. when an existing user is edited and input with a number like 9480195469 it gives an ajax validation error ‘This value is not Valid’.

Of course, as mentioned in your response to another thread of the same issue, using string would be helpful temporarily, however, this leaves a scope of users entering alphanumeric characters including space or hyphens, and ideal validation should only be a 10 digit number, because we want to integrate this with an SMS gateway to send automated messages.

Thanks once again for your kind help.
    Warm regards and gratitude,
    Spurgeon

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.