OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Security ACL Share feature in community edition?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 7 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Ahmad Golzar
    Participant

Hi,

Do you have any plans to add ACL “Share” feature in the community edition in any future releases?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Ahmad,

No plans to do it as of now. Maybe someday in the future—a few years or so.

Ahmad Golzar
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.

For now in case we have several records that we have to share between several users with no specific patter here is whet we do:

We divide the records into several groups (worse case one record in a group). For each group we create a business unit and a fake user and we set the user’s owner the business unit we just created. Then we set the owner of all records in this specific group this fake user we have created. Now we can give access to this group of records to any particular user by giving them access to this business unit.

Dividing records into several business units somehow makes sense. But the most painful part is creating the fake users to be set as records owner.

Do you have any suggestion to make our life easier?

Best,
    Ahmad

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

If I had to implement share without the actual share action, I’d took your solution. I’m afraid this is the best you can do within standard ACL.

…But you can always buy the Enterprise Edition and spare yourself the hassle :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Security’ is closed to new topics and replies.