Google Single Sign-On Capabilities for OroCRM¶
OroCRM supports Google Single Sign-On capabilities. This means that for a user that has the same primary email in the OroCRM and Google accounts, it is enough to log-in only once during a session.
See a short demo on how to configure Google Single Sign-On, or keep reading the step-by-step guidance below.
To configure such capability on the Google side:
- Open Google API Console
- Navigate to My Project selector in the top left corner and click Create Project.
- Define the Project Name and click Create.
- Click Credentials in the menu on the left and open Credentials tab.
- Click Create Credentials and select 0Auth client ID.
- To create an OAuth client ID, you should first set a product name on the consent screen.
Configure Consent Form¶
- Click Configure Consent Form.
- Complete the form by entering:
- Your email address
- Project name
- Homepage URL
- Product logo
- Private Policy URL
- Terms of Service URL
- Clicking Save will launch a Create Client ID page.
- Set Application Type to Web Application.
- Authorized Redirect URIs are the unified resource names used for
interaction between Google and the OroCRM instance. It is recommended
to add the following two values:
- [OroCRM instance URL]/login/check-google
- [OroCRM instance URL]/app.php/login/check-google
- Click Create Client ID.
- Your client ID should have now been generated.
Configure Google Integration¶
- Navigate to System in the main menu and click Configuration.
- In the left menu, click Integrations>Google Settings.
- Define the following fields for Google Integration Settings:
|Client ID||The Client ID generated in the API console.|
|Client Secret||The Client Secret generated in the API console.|
- Define the following fields for Google Sign-on:
|Domains||Domains is a comma separated list of allowed domains. It limits the list of mailboxes for which single sign-on can be used (e.g., only a domain used specifically by your company). Leave the field empty to set no such limitation.|
|OAuth 2.0 for email sync||Check Enable.|
Using Google Sign-on¶
When a user gets to the login page of an instance for which single sign-on capability has been enabled, a Login Using Google link will appear.
- If the user is not logged into any Google accounts after the link has been clicked, a usual Google log-in page will appear.
- As soon as the user has logged into their Google account, a request to use the account in order to log-in to OroCRM will appear (details defined for the consent screen will be used).
For now on, for a user logged-in into a Google account, it is enough to click the Login using Google link to get into OroCRM.
Note that the email used for the Google account and the primary email of the user in OroCRM must be the same.