OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Magento: first sync

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ahrrikis 8 years, 1 month ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

martinpeverelli
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a Magento store with 200k+ orders and 13k+ customers.
    And I want to start using OroCRM to handle most of the customer related tasks.

However, the only method for the first sync I find, is via the Magento API (through the Channel integration), and this process would take days to complete. I’ve tested on our dev servers, and I do not want to go through this process on production.
    I also found that the CSV import for the Magento Bundle entities, seem to be disabled or non-existent in the vendor code.

Is there any way to do a first sync via db import, csv, or some other batch method. And once its setup, allow the channel integration to keep everything updated via the API?

Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

msarandi
    Participant

Hi, did you have the chance to read the article below in our user guide and follow the instructions?

Thanks

Motti

http://oroinc.com/orocrm/doc/current/user-guide/magento-channel-integration

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

In order to accelerate performance of initial sync please make sure WSDL cache is enabled in Magento configuration.

Unfortunately we do not have CSV support for the initial import for Magento data, but if your concern is mainly about impact on the production environment, i would recommend to setup some staging instance with latest production data, do initial sync on it and update integration url to production once it will be done.

martinpeverelli
    Participant

@OroTeam:
    Yes, I followed those instructions in order to set everything up.

@DimaSoroka
    Cache is enabled for the WSDL on Magento. However, I had the sync job running for over 6 hours, and all Oro sync’ed were 2k customers and 2k orders.
    That means 10% of total customers, and 1% of total orders…
    If that is the speed at which this import is going to go, then that means the first sync would require around 60hs to finish.
    Is this an expected time? If so, then I can see about mounting a stage server. But if its not, then it means something is wrong, and would like to get your input before moving forward with this.

Thanks!
    Martín.

Hi,
    Which version of OroCRM and OroCRM Magento Bridge are you using?
    With native Magento API sync is slower. Also sync is performed in batches with 7 days interval, there may be few record in one interval and much more in another.

OroCRM Magento Bridge extension may be found at Magento connect http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/orocrm-bridge.html

martinpeverelli
    Participant

I’m using the OroCRM Magento Bridge. This is from the config.xml

<Oro_Api>
    <version>1.2.0</version>
    </Oro_Api>

I saw the 7 day batch process on the logs, but given that the Magento site has been running for almost 5 years, it is not encouraging :(

ahrrikis
    Participant

I noticed that importing data of a long run magento shop takes a while, the reason I figured out doing so is that OroCRM tries to import all the carts ever created in the shop. So many carts are processed through oro, where not enough information is available to import them to orocrm. Changing the magento-orocrm-bridge/app/code/community/Oro/Api/Model/Sales/Quote/Api.php files items-method for the first import, will bring some good performance enhancements.
    For example to exclude carts without a CustomerEmail you could add

Regards,
    Eric

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM’ is closed to new topics and replies.